Are sauna and steam room good for your health? The answer is YES, no doubt. When used appropriately, both the sauna and steam room will not only make you feel great and comfortable but also help improve your health in numerous ways, with a majority of them linked directly to your blood circulation and skin health. Let's take a glance over some facts on the sauna and steam room, and the health benefits they both bring to you.
So, how is the sauna different from the steam room? Generally speaking, a sauna comes way hotter and has lower humidity than a steam room, whereby it offers dry heat that usually goes as hot as approximately 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The sources of this dry heat produced by saunas vary depending on their type: traditional sauna rooms or boxes usually utilize hot rocks, gas, and electric heaters to heat the surrounding air, while infrared saunas use infrared light to raise the body temperature directly without warming up the room.
Usually made of wood and equipped with wooden seats inside, a standard two-seat sauna room shall cost slightly higher than the steam room, selling at prices ranging from RM12,258 to RM83,928. But having said that, the sauna room is still a more budget-friendly option after taking the installation cost into account: It can save you more when you are going for DIY installation and only looking for an electrician to handle the wiring. Also, since it doesn’t require any drainage system, the sauna room is considered much easier to install in that sense. But on the downside, the sauna room may take up a relatively larger interior space, thus not a preferable option to install in smaller homes.
As mentioned, a sauna room is generally much hotter and contains less moisture. Hence, if you are the one who can endure (and prefer) a dry heat session, then a sauna room may be what you can go after. It is also a recommended choice for people diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. However, as dry heating may dry your skin and cause difficulties in breathing, it is encouraged not to spend more than 20 minutes in the sauna and do remember to hydrate with two to four glasses of water after using it. Nonetheless, that doesn’t deny the sauna from being a practical solution that you can count on for improving your body health. Below are some of the main health benefits that you can get with the sauna room:
- Improves blood circulation: The sauna’s heat will increase your heartbeat rate and dilate your blood vessels, thus enhancing the blood flow to the skin. Such better blood circulation will help with your muscle recovery by reducing pain and stiffness and relieving soreness at the same time. It will also reduce the risk of diagnosing cardiovascular diseases.
- Enhances skin health: Dry heat will basically leave your skin looking flawless, where it can cleanse your skin through the deep sweating produced.
- Boosts immune system: The sauna’s heat will lead your body to produce a higher white blood cell count rapidly and thus help to strengthen your immune system to stand against illnesses.
In contrast to the sauna, a steam room is generally less hot but comes with 100% humidity. It is heated by an external steam generator that boils water into steam and eventually creates hot humidity for the enclosed space through the steam released from the outlet. The steam produced is full of moisture, thus offering an incredibly moist heat experience with a temperature of about 110 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Though relatively cooler than the sauna, one may still feel as hot as in the sauna when using the steam room, given that at 100% humidity, the sweat will never evaporate, which makes you feel hot even at the lower temperature.
A standard steam room is made of non-porous materials, including plastic, tiles, and glass, and it shall cost slightly lower than the sauna room, whereby you can get to own one in your home with prices ranging from RM7,358 to RM37,968. However, note that the prices mentioned are not inclusive of the installation, which may cost you a lot more compared to the sauna, given that the steam room requires more complex installation work. DIY installation is clearly not workable for the steam room, but instead, a more professional installation is needed since it requires drainage and has certain specific structural accommodations to follow. And that could make it more pricey than the sauna overall.
Just like the sauna, using a steam room is also beneficial for body health in general. It does offer you a dozen similar advantages as the sauna, such as improving blood circulation, relieving stress and anxiety, and relaxing muscles. However, at the same time, because of the high humidity produced from the steam, the steam room can as well offer some unique benefits for the body that one can’t find from a sauna. Below are some of the main health benefits that you can get by using the steam room:
- Improves blood circulation: Like saunas, steam rooms can also help increase your blood flow and thus loosening stiff joints and relieving your muscle from pain and soreness speedily.
- Improves skin health: Moist heat of the steam room can help open up the pores on your skin and lead you to sweat, rinsing away any dirt, debris, and toxins from your skin and thus improving its appearance in general. Also, the moisture of steam rooms will also help hydrate the dry skin.
- Clears nasal congestion: If you are experiencing nasal congestion, go for the steam room, given that its moist heat can effectively help alleviate your respiratory congestion by loosening the mucus and encouraging deep breathing.
Lowers blood pressure: By dilating your blood vessels through the heat, the steam room can help lower your blood pressure, thus making you feel relaxed when sitting inside.
Looking for a quality and luxurious sauna or steam room with the most affordable price in Malaysia? Feel free to visit us now at our TEN Outlets nationwide or contact us at https://wa.me/+60193368366 for more inquiries.